Wednesday, March 4, 2015

My Reading Apps

Yes, that's Candy Crush, don't judge me!
 Hello to all,

Today I want to talk to you about reading apps. Well, about the reading related apps that I use and how they have changed my reading life.

Audible has definitely changed my relationship with audio books. At first I thought it just wasn't for me, that I wouldn't be able to concentrate, etc. And then I tried it...almost 2 years later, this little buddy here has increased the amount of books I read, since I can have with me all the time (on my phone). It has also changed the way I share my reading with A, since now we go for 2 credits and can listen to them separately and then discuss at home :D.

Stitcher is not exactly a reading app, but it is true it that I have access to the amazing Riot Media podcasts (Book Riot, Dear Book Nerd, Our Reading Lives and Panels) and the Sword and Laser one.

The Goodreads app has turned out to be one that I use a lot, to scan my new books, to keep track of my reading and others. Some people have complained about the scanning feature, but I guess I've been lucky, because I haven't had a problem so far.

The Kobo app was a surprise for me. I have the Kobo reader, and at first I kept saying I wouldn't read on my phone, blah, blah. But then, one day I was stuck on a waiting room, no book to read (the horror!) and remembered that the books I had purchased with Kobo were there, on my phone too. And presto! I started reading on my phone.

And finally, the OverDrive App. As I'm still on a student budget, getting more than 2 credits can be too much some months, but I do need more audio than that, particularly with big experiments. With access to my library audio books through it, problem solved. Only thing I wish is I could change the speed of the book (like you can do on Audible) because sometimes it feels like it is going soooo slow.

So those are my reading apps, which ones do you have? How have they changed your reading life? Tell me about it.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, audible and goodreads are my phone apps that I use ALL the time. I coudln't get OverDrive to work for me, unfortunately and I don't know of Stitcher. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete