Monday, March 30, 2015

Challenges and goals update: How did I do in March?

Hello to all ! Once again here is my update for the month of March. It was a good reading month, I was surprised how much I manage to read this month.

Diversifying 2015:

Of the 10 books I read on March, 2 of them where by a nonwhite author, and both had POCs as main characters.Moving Forward Sideways like a Crab had a LGBTQ main character and (although I haven't finished it yet) The Perks of Being a Wallflower has at least so far, 2 LGBTQ characters as well. This month, 50% of the books I read were from female authors.

Read Harder:

I finally read some poetry for the RH challenge, the review for Wife of the House will be up soon. I also read Popular by Maya Van Wagenen as a "self help"...I realize this is a bit of an stretch, but it does say "Vintage Wisdom for a Modern Geek" so...

My goals:

Read at least 1 POC author per month: Done with Moving Forward Sideways like a Crab by Shani Mootoo and Mi Abuelo explicaba muy bien a los Pájaros by Ivan Castro Rodelo

Read at least 1 book in Spanish per month: Done with Mi Abuelo explicaba muy bien a los Pájaros by Ivan Castro Rodelo

Read CanLit book per month: Done with Done with Moving Forward Sideways like a Crab by Shani Mootoo

Read at least 1 book of nonfiction per month: Done with Popular by Maya Van Wagenen

Finished series: No series finished this month but I did read the second book in the Southern Trilogy series: Authority

Keeping track of my reading (Country represented, Makomori test, etc): done, but this one I will do a total update at the end of the year.

Read more already owned books: 2 books from the library and 2 Galleys, wich still gave me 6 books that I already owned.

Read the picks of the month for each book club: done!

I feel like, in general I am having a good progression on my reading. I had another DNF this month with The Turnip Princess (galley) but in general I am very happy with what I have read so far.

Reviews wise, I only posted 3 reviews this month in the site with 1 more coming tomorrow. However, thanks to the Bloggiesta Event, my Blog is up to date.

How was your reading this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment