Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Mini review: The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

It is silly of you, for there is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about

First impression


After watching Penny Dreadful I realized it was time for me to finally read this book. It was a nice read, with very well constructed sentences. However I think I was expecting something a bit darker, if only because of all the times this character or hints to this character have been used.

Final thoughts


While it was not what I expected it was an amazing construction and evaluation of what shallowness can do to us. A book first published in 1890 but whose dialogues can easily be used nowadays. A critic to hedonism, with wittiness flowing out of the main characters. Again it was not what I expected but it was lovely to read. My first read by Oscar Wilde but I can tell you already it won't be the last. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment