Friday, August 22, 2014

Bout of Books: Friday Update

Bout of Books

You guys, today I am in an EXCELLENT mood; after months of work we finally submitted an article and now I am crossing all my fingers hoping it gets accepted. Also, reading has been very good today!

Books started:

  • The Name of the Wind: I am at page 505 of 662. I've been devouring this pages, I am very tired after a big day at the lab so I won't be able to finish it, but soon!
Books finished:
  • The Tumble Inn: I did not love it, but it was a nice read. I will do my best to post my review tomorrow :)
Pages read so far: 722

Reviews posted so far:
Blogs visited today
    Challenges:

    • One True Pairing by Infinite Ink. Just in case I am spoiling it for anyone I will only say that my true pairing comes from Daughter of Smoke and Bone!
    • Create a sentence by Book Reviews by a Christian Gal. I tweeted my sentence, but just in case:
    It was felling night, the first time, standing in a crowded elevator, Eilert Berg was not a happy man.
          The name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfus
          The Fever by Megan Abot
          The Late Starters orchestra by Ari L. Goldman
          The Ice Princess by Camilla Lackberg 
          If you Liked this: The Girl with the Dragon Tatooby Stieg Larson
          Try this: The Ice Princess by Camilla Lackberg
         Because they are both set in Sweden, involve very dark, grimy crimes and because actually Camilla Lackberg's noir novellas were out before the Millenium ones and they are pretty cool.
         I chose to recreate The Taker by Alma Katsu


    See you tomorrow!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment