Thursday, August 21, 2014

The Tumble Inn by William Loizeaux



I asked and received this book through NetGalley for free. This review is not sponsored nor influenced in anyway. The book is expected to be published on September 15, 2014

First Impressions

This was the first Galley I ever got from NetGalley. It took me a bit to start it since I had several books from the library in queue and then some of the Galleys I asked for had earlier publication dates. So I finally got to it this week and I am glad I finally got to it. While it wasn't the type of book I usually go for it was a pleasant, light read with a bit of drama.

Final thoughts


This is a sweet story about how life can change. Is the story of the Finley's a couple of high school teachers that decide to give this up and become innkeepers in the Adirondack Mountains. Over there, they finally become parents, something that had been elusive for them before. Years go by and at the same time that they are dealing with their baby daughter Nathalie becoming a teenager, tragedy strikes and Mark has to learn, once again, how to deal with change.

The book is described as a drama, and it certainly has its fair share of sad moments. It is very descriptive of what life can be, including routines. However sometimes it felt, to me anyway, to descriptive in a way that it didn't give more to the story. One thing that I liked very much is that it felt like the person was sitting next to me, telling me his story, rambling a bit sometimes even. But when the rambling goes on for too long, it disconnects you from the whole story.

I have to say I thought the conclusion of the story felt a bit bland...in general I would compare it to a Hallmark movie, you know it is going to be sad, there will be a lesson to be learned but if you tune out for a while and come back to it is not a big deal. It is definitely not a book for me to fall in love with, but I know people who would enjoy it.



No comments:

Post a Comment