Monday, August 26, 2013

Readers Imbibing Peril VIII (R.I.P VIII)

Can you believe that is already the last week of August? That means, my dearest readers, that it is time for the Readers Imbibing Peril VIII (R.I.P VIII). In case you don't remember or that you are new around here, the main thing about this "challenge" is reading (or watching) anything that follows into the following genres: Mystery, Suspense, Thriller, Dark Fantasy, Gothic, Horror, Supernatural.
 
Or anything sufficiently moody that shares a kinship with the above. That is what embodies the stories, written and visual, that we celebrate with the R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril event. I will highly encourage you to go to Carl's website at Stainless Steel Droppings to check out the "rules". 

This year I will be doing the Peril the First Challenge, which implies reading at least 4 books that fall in the genres mentioned. The first books to make the list are:

        
        The Nightmare by Lars Kepler: The second installment of the Lars Kepler duo. Last year I read The Hypnotist and I loved it. I got The Nightmare for Christmas, and I have to tell you, it's been really hard not to dive in the second one!

          The Twelve by Justin Cronin: The continuation of the The Passage; once again I was hooked by the first book, albeit it was a big book to read during last year's Read-a-Thon.  It's already reserved at the library and shall be in my hands soon enough.

          The Reckoning by Alma Katsu: The second book from The Taker Trilogy. I won a copy during this spring's Read-a-Thon; unfortunately it hasn't arrived yet :(, but there is a copy at the library, so problem solved.

          Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake: The continuation of Anna dressed in Blood. This one I will have to buy, since is not available at the library.

           *extra* The Demonologist by Andrew Pyper: An extra entry thanks to Audible :)

Well that's it for now. Last year I manage to read 6 books for the challenge, but since I'm also part of the Sword & Laser book club now, I don't know what else will be in my reading list. Either way, I'm planning on also doing the Fall Read-a-Thon so the list might change a bit.

**Note: for now the links to the books will take you to GoodReads, as the challenge progresses I will change the links to my reviews ^-^**

No comments:

Post a Comment