Sunday, April 26, 2015

Spring 2015: Dewey's 24 hours Readathon: End of Event meme

Hello everyone. I slept for about 6 hours. I'm still feeling a but woozy, so I will probably go back to bed, but I wanted to update the End of Event Meme:

Which hour was most daunting for you?

I couldn't make it past hour 20, I could feel my body giving up, so I went to bed.


Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Towards the end, I went to comics, I was reading Sex Criminals and Rat Queens, their art is beautiful and the story keeps you hoocked, so I will recommend something like that. 

Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
No guys, I am always in awe on how you organize the event, specially this year with the so many readers!

What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
I can only speak for our team, but I know the cheerleaders kept very active and that always motivate other.

How many books did you read?
4 books and 3 comics

What were the names of the books you read?
L'Oubli que nous serons by Héctor Abad (really liked it); How to be a Woman by Caitlin Moran (it was ok, it picked up at the end); The View from Castle Rock by Alice Munro (Liked it, she has a very interesting style), Inés del Alma mia, by Isabel Allende (It was very good). I also finished The Yellow Wall-Paper Short story. Sex Criminals: Vol 1, Rat Queens #3 and #4

Which book did you enjoy most?
L'Oubli que nous serons.

Which did you enjoy least?
While it picked up at the end, How to be a Woman had me thinking of DNFing at first.

If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
Always make time to cheer for your fellow readers; give yourself a goal (say 5 visits/hour) and set that time aside from your reading time; read the post and try to write comments showing that you actually are there for the person. 

How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I would love to be there this fall. Everything depends on how things go with my studies. But if not as a reader, I for sure will be a cheerleader!

Some stats:



Pages read: 1509

Hours slept: 4/24

Total hours reading: 20/24

# of Blogs visited: Wow, this year I'm with Team Mr.Popper. So far I've visited 131 blogs! 

Mini-challenges in which I participated: 

Opening Meme
4Seasons4Books 
Picture it
Treasure Hunt 
In 100 Years 
Mid Event Survey
Get Fit and Read 
Bookish Brews
Reading Story  
Shelfie 
End of Event
 
Thank you to everyone who participated in the challenge and to all the great cheerleaders, to all the hosts and most importantly to those amazing organizers Andi and Heather, you guys are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment