Books finished: 4->The Witch Sisters; The Catcher in the Rye; The Sister Brothers; The Descent. I am a bit sad I couldn't finish all my books, but I am in general satisfied.
Books started: 5->The Witch Sisters; The Catcher in the Rye; The Sister Brothers; The Descent; Alif the Unseen
Pages read: 1239, at least I read a bit the past hour
Hours slept: 0
Total hours reading: 23
# of Blogs visited: 59 unique visits, but I just started re doing my rounds so we are up to 177 visits. So I manage to visit each blog 3 times :)
Mini-challenges in which I'm participating:
- Opening Meme,
- Weird reading Position
- Quotable Quotes
- Book Staging
- Show it Off
- Recommend me a book
- Mid-Event Survey
- Color Cover
- The Pet Parade
- Promote that Genre
- Books on Books
End of Event Meme:1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
This past 2 hours I was really struggling, I barely read 20 pages each hour, I kept re reading the same sentence!
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
I really enjoyed all of my books, but I would say The Catcher in the Rye was funner than I thought it would be.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Not really, I love the organization this year. Great job guys!
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
The variety of support and challenges. As a cheerleader I loved the spreadsheet so we could make sure of who was lacking support.
5. How many books did you read?
4 and 3/4 ;)
6. What were the names of the books you read?
The Witch Sisters; The Catcher in the Rye; The Sister Brothers; The Descent.
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
I was pleasantly surprised with TCitR
8. Which did you enjoy least?
If I have to say one it would be The Sister Brothers; I liked it but not as much as I thought I was going to.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I am very proud of my team, and as I mentioned, the spreadsheet did wonders for me. But as a reader I have to say, not a lot of cheering came my way :/
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
Oh for sure I will be there in Spring unless something in the lab happens. As for my role, I might just stick to reading next time, we will see.