Sunday, September 21, 2014

Why I am grateful for Book Challenges


I have to tell you guys, this has been the year of he bookish challenges for me and I am so happy about it. Thanks all the challenges I've been participated have helped me expand my reading, not only in numbers, but also in authors and genres. 

Diversiverse is one of the new challenges I joined this year. I thought I was doing a good job diversifying my reading, but the sad truth is that I haven't as much as thought. Joining this event gave me an appreciated push to look for even more diverse authors, consciously. This challenge goes a bit in the same subject that Where are you Reading, but the latter is more concentrated on where the book takes place. However, when it is a Fantasy or SciFi book, taking place outside the real Earth, I tag the county of origin of the writer and that expands those reading limits even more.

The Sequel and Prequel Challenge has "forced" me to finally tackle several series that I started and might've left to the side, and this is a good thing because with so much to read, sometimes you loose track of all the series going around.

This year I also joined NetGalley and sooner than I thought I had a lot of Galleys to be read and a very low NG ratio. This is where ARC August and NetGalley Month helped me tons.

And off course, my favorite events/challenges the Dewey Read-A-Thon and the seasonal Once Upon a Time and Readers Imbibing Peril. Thanks to these events I have met en become part of the awesome blogger community which incidently took me to the wonderful Bloggiesta. This is the best event I've seen to Get. Things. Done!

So now is your turn! What are your favorite challenges/events? Any suggestions for 2015?

No comments:

Post a Comment