Sunday, April 27, 2014

24h Read-a-Thon (Spring 2014): Hour 24 and End of Event Meme

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
At hour 20 I just couldn't hold my head up, so I gave up and went to bed.

2.Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
From this event's reading list I would suggest The Golem and the Jinni or  Going Over. They are very different books, yet they both share characteristics that made them quite engaging for me.

3.Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
As I mentioned in the mid-event meme, I believe that you guys have done a wonderful work so I can't really think of anything that the event would be missing, IMOO.

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
I was a amazed by how many VERY different challenges were. I think the variety of activities we had this year help me to change my mind when I needed, during my tiny breaks.

5. How many books did you read?
I manage to finish 4 books this year. I started a fifth, but didn't advance much in it.

6.What were the names of the books you read?
Going Over by Beth Kephart; Delirio by Laura Restrepo; The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker; The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle 

7.Which book did you enjoy most?
This year I do not have a favorite; basically since the books I read were so different from one another, they all had a lot to offer to me. I was very satisfied with my selection. 

8.Which did you enjoy least? 
I am very happy to say that there wasn't a book that I read in this event that I didn't enjoy!.

9.If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I wasn't a cheerleader this year...I will say however that I would've liked to have a bit more of comments from the group that was supporting me. Karsyn from Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog (wow that's a mouthful!) Did a wonderful job though. I hate to sound like I am complaining, and I do know that this year we had 800 people to cheer for! But a bit more of presence would've been nice.

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?

I definitely would like to participate again in the Fall; I'm thinking since I've only been a Cheerleader once, I would like to do that, and maybe even be a team leader?. For sure I would like to host another challenge, I have so much fun coming up with those!

No comments:

Post a Comment