Saturday, April 26, 2014

24h Read-A-Thon (Spring 2014): Hour 16


Hello everybody,

Books finished: 3--> Going Over by Beth Kephart; Delirio by Laura Restrepo; The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker
Books started: 1-->The Last Unicorn
Pages read:743

Hours slept: 0
Mini-challenges in which I'm participating
:Intro Meme, Pick a Paragraph (@ Cautious dot DK); Jigsaw Cover Puzzle (@ Little Miss Reader);Best of your Reading Year (@ Lisa's World of Books); Six Word Celebration (@ Estella's Revenge); Selfie (@ The Book Monsters); First Editions (@ The Bluestocking Society); Book Blending (@ Things mean a lot); Your Name in Titles (@ the Geeky Bloggers Bookc Blog); Page 35, 3rd Sentence (@ The Bibliophibian).

Here is my entry for Page 35, I also left it in the comments section.

From The Last Unicorn
“I enjoyed that” Mommy Fortuna said to Rukh. “I always do. I guess I’m just stagestruck at heart” (end of original text)
Fortuna always felt that rush of excitement after leaving the set. Being an adult film star had it’s ups and downs, but, she told herself, at least she was acting, like she always wanted. If only she wasn’t ashamed of her work; if only she could share it with her family back in the country…

No comments:

Post a Comment