Saturday, April 26, 2014

24h Read-a-Thon (Spring 2014): Hour 12 and Mid-Event Meme


Hello everybody, we are almost half way there!!

Books finished: 2--> Going Over by Beth Kephart; Delirio by Laura Restrepo
Books started: 0
Pages read: 551

Hours slept: 0
Mini-challenges in which I'm participating
:Intro Meme, Pick a Paragraph (@ Cautious dot DK); Jigsaw Cover Puzzle (@ Little Miss Reader);Best of your Reading Year (@ Lisa's World of Books); Six Word Celebration (@ Estella's Revenge); Selfie (@ The Book Monsters); First Editions (@ The Bluestocking Society)


Mid-Event Meme

1. What are you reading right now?
I am finishing The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker
2. How many books have you read so far?

Only 2 :/
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

Since I should be done with my "To Finish" stack I think I'm going to read The Giver, but mostly I can't wait to read The Last Unicorn.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?

Oh man, yes, an unexpected experiment made wake up at 5h30 am to be at the lab at 6h so I could be free all day to read...but it was worth it!
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

No many so far, except self imposed, to stretch and exercise a bit.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

I don't know if surprise is the word, but every time I do this I feel this bliss, just curled in my chair, enjoying a day dedicated to books.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

You guys always do a terrific job, I can't think of anything right now.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?

Hopefully get more sleep and not have an even earlier morning, hehe.
9. Are you getting tired yet?

Not yet, no.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?

Well, this year is the first time that I had put a bit of movement in my Read-a-Thon and I think that has helped to feel more awaken and energized.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment