Friday, January 3, 2014

2 in 1 review: Her Husband's Christmas Bargain by Margaret Mayo and His Christmas Acquisition by Cathy Williams


Why did I read these books?

I received these books a double blind gift exchange for Christmas at the lab. Sure I could've just put the books in back of my library and act like there weren't even there, but they are very small books and I decided to just finish them.

What are these books about?

Both books can be summarized like follows: Woman is put in a situation "that she cannot get out of" and is then forced to face her "feelings" for her Husband/ Boss both of them happen to be blonde, well muscled and rich men...oh and this cannot be a spoiler, but if it is sorry: They end up together at the end! Shocker, I know.

What about the characters?

The women are helpless, they cannot say no, they are not aware of their beauty...I'm rolling my eyes here people. They cannot be more flat as characters. The case is not better with the men; they are selfish...oh but not really, is just that they are misunderstood. I have nothing else to say about the characters.

Final thoughts


So what can I say about this books? Well, apparently some people actually found something to salvage in these books, since 50% of the reviews gave 3/5 to both of them. I thought the dialogues were poor and laughable; the women were borderline pathetic in their "oh poor me, I have to sleep with this guy, I have no choice, I hate him, oh no, I love him, right" constant attitude. These women were written by other women and that's the best they could make for their attitude? Are all women in the erotica genre the same?. 
And the "erotic" part? I'm not going to judge you people who actually gave the books 5/5 but seriously? You liked the sex scenes? They were very poorly written, completely predictable and then...would lost climax in 2 more sentences.
 
I was entertained, sure, I had to laugh at some of the situations but that doesn't make these good books on my opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment