Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013...a year in books

 

So another year has come and go. I have to tell you...it was a good year for me and this blog.

If you are new visiting here you might not know this, but this year my brother did a whole new banner for the blog, a banner that I really like and that even changes with the seasons!. Also during this year I got a bit more followers, thank you, it makes me very happy that you like my site and my reviews :) 
 


This year also marked a personal record for me, I read 67 books this year! I am very happy because as you can see, every year I've managed to read a bit more. Now, something that I have to mention is that I didn't read that much pages than last year, but that is due to another change that took place and that is Audible. It was during spring that I first listen to an audio book on a transatlantic flight and I was hooked. I always thought they were not for me, and there you have it! 


So let's brake down this year in numbers, shall we? Out of the 67 books I read 60% were in paper format (either hardcover or paperback). 90% of the books were fiction! This is something that doesn't surprise me, but I would like to increase the amount of books of non-fiction that I read, and that is one of my goals for 2014. 
 

71% of the books I read were written by female authors; 91% of them were written in English and finally 54% of them came from the library. While I feel very proud of using my library I have a lot of books in my shelves that have been there for a while. Here we have my second goal for 2014: I want to reduce the amount of books that I haven't read that I already own. So I will...try not to buy books for a while...except when I will use a gift card I got for Christmas ;).

During 2013 I participated in 2 challenges: "Where in the world are you reading" hosted by Book Journey. I had a lot of fun with this challenge and it made set another goal for next year: I want to increase the diversity (geographically shall we say?) of my reading. I mean look at that map! There is no books in the southern hemisphere!

The second challenge was the "Sequel" challenge. It was originally hosted by Aunti Spinelli Reads, but she moved over Novel Heartbeat. This was also fun and next year she is organizing a Sequel/Prequel challenge with points...ladies and gentleman I love points, so you guessed it I will be joining this challenge to. There will be a separate post for joining the challenges and hopefully I will post them tomorrow.

I am planning to do the 2 Read-a-Thons this year and both Once upon a Time and the R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril both hosted by Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings.

Well, this is it I think. I wish to everyone a wonderful new year!


No comments:

Post a Comment