Saturday, March 16, 2013

Hidden by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast


What's the book about?


So now Dragon is dead, Aurox is in the run, Neferet is no longer the High Priestess of Tulsa, Shaylin is learning how to use her True Sight, Kalona is a sworn warrior, Lenobia's lost love is back in a new body...as you may notice this story line is becoming a more like an old tree with TOO many branches.

What was different of this book?

Let me refer you to my review of Destined to explain why do I come back to this series. Is not because is originality, is not because the amazing prose. Is just entertaining.

What about the main character?

As more and more subplots develop is harder to identify a single main character. They are all getting a lot of things going on and at the same time they are all kind of stuck in one-dimensional characters. Aphrodite is bitchy, Stevie-Rae believes in people no matter what...and you can almost predict what they are going to say. The only ones that are kind off changing are the Twins and Nicole, but I think I know where this is going to end.

The 10% moment

So...there was a fire...and we got to see Lenobia's past. Oh and Neferet did something horrible and I shall not talk about it. Seriously, that's about it.

Final thoughts

First thing I have to say: This time it only took them 100 pages to have a "real Life" quote. What do I mean? You know when an author tries to "talk like a teenager"? well is that with all possible shows/music/gadgets in the market right now: I should really catch True Blood tonight, do you have Skype? HBO's series Game of Thrones is SOOO in right now...see what I mean, product placement at it finest? Is like trying a bit too hard. This time they talked about Fringe and Alex was saying wow for about 10 minutes. The only thing they don't seem to endorse is a particular brown soda, no Pepsi or Coke in this book, go figure why.

I liked that Zoey's Grandma had a bigger role here, but it wasn't enough to save the book. I'm slowly but surely getting tired of too many things taking you nowhere. So I will read the next one probably just because I've been following the series for so long, but I'm not desperate for the book to come out.
This is book makes part of my Sequel Challenge :)


No comments:

Post a Comment