Friday, February 1, 2013

Reading frustration




I've been trying to finish reading a certain article. It has taken me the whole day. Is not that long, 7 pages, and yet I haven't made it through page 3. I've been having a similar problem with a book. I don't want to put the book down, because I won it and it seems only fair to finish it and give my review. I can't put down the article because I need to read it for a class...and then it hit me. I am reading frustrated. 

Is not the article's or the book's entire fault as one could've thought at first. I have a bunch of frustration at work and instead of being able to escape I'm reading a book with very big environmental agenda and an article far from my field that keeps sending me to google terms. So I get more frustrated...and so the wheel spins, and I'm a bundle of frustration. It doesn't help that I'm trying to loose the weight I gain during the holidays and hence I've been controlling my comfort foods. Do not fear I am not starving myself. I can't and I won't do that. But I'm staying away from pizza and chocolate for a while. 

Anyway, back to the problem. I think that's why it was so easy to read Bossypants. It was far from everything happening at work (or real life if you prefer), it was light hearted, it was funny. I picked up Dead reckoning hoping for something like that too, something that would lighten my mood...I was disappointed.

What do you guys do when this happens to you? I just reserved I don't know how she does it at the library. It has mixed reviews, but if is anything like the shopaholic series it should be light, not too demanding and might take out of this spiral. Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment