Monday, October 1, 2012

TSS: Record breaking






So this happened:


Yeap, 2012 is not even over and I already read as many books as last year…and apparently they were bigger books too, since according to this I’ve read way more pages this year. And I can only wonder…how? 

Don’t get me wrong, I thought I would read more this year than last, that’s always my goal, but this year goal was set at 40, which I thought was a lot, considering the fact that I can’t really read at work (except when I come to the lab on the week-ends, but that’s because no one is watching). And then I joined the Red-A-Thon, but that won’t be happening until October 13th. So how in the world did I manage to read so much? How come years ago, when I supposedly had more time to read (less classes at the end of university and actual summers with no classes) I didn’t read more?

And then it hit me…the last year I started seriously taking care of my blog, and I wanted to read more to share more, I just didn’t realize it was being such a push. A good push, believe me. I’ve enjoyed most of the books (so far only 3 books with 2 stars and I’ve finished all of them).

Is not that I have neglected other things. I’ve been going to the gym more than before, I’ve done all my experiments and then some, I moved this year, renovations, time with my lovely boyfriend, friends…and please don’t think that I’m just rubbing in your face who wonderful my year has been. I’ve had my downs off course (lab mostly, and then some stress from situations out of my control). 

I’m actually here thanking you, because I realize that is because of readers like you that I’ve been pushed to read even more, to be able to have something new to share, and that is a great thing!

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Blogging also has made me more focused with my reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's awesome that you read more this year - and more importantly, loved most of the books you read :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete