Thursday, October 1, 2015

What am I reading this month: October

I just can't believe the weather today. It's 2 degrees outside. I guess fall is definitely here, let's just hope it's not a cold one. On the bright side, I have several reads to keep me cozy!
 
For my reading more in Spanish goal I will be reading El amor es una droga dura (Love is a hard drug) by  Cristina Peri Rossi, an Uruguayan author, so this will also play a part on my Diversifying 2015 challenge (you can sign up here).

For the Sword and Laser Book Club, we will be reading The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson. I just finished listening to the podcast and apparently it has been compared to Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie, so I have high hopes for it.
 
For my "reading more CanLit" goal I am going to read Stone Mattress by Margaret Atwood (don't you love that cover??) since as you probably have noticed, I love everything she writes.

On nonfiction, I am reading The Empathy Exams by Leslie Jamison. I've been meaning to read it for a while and it will go to count as my "A Book published by and Indie press" from the Read Harder Challenge. Also for this challenge, I will be reading Le vieux qui ne voulait pas fêter son anniversaire (The old guy who didn't want to celebrate his birthday) by Jonas Jonasson, which will be my "A book that someone else has recommended to you". It was recommended by my Thesis adviser actually, and so far it is hilariously weird.
And last but not least, to finish the RIP challenge this year, I will be reading Before She Dies by Mary Burton, a book that has been long waiting in my shelves to be read. 

Those are the planned books this month. What are you reading this chilly October?

No comments:

Post a Comment