Tuesday, September 1, 2015

What am I reading this month: September and R.I.P X

Hello everyone. I noticed I hadn't done one of this since June!. But today I had the time and also I am using this post as my oficial R.I.P registration, so, let's get into it.

For my reading more in Spanish goal I will be reading Lo que Escondian sus Ojos (What was hidden in her eyes) by  Nieves Herrero. Now, I've tried to keep to Latin American authors for my Spanish reading, mainly because there are a lot of expressions that change, but I've heard good things about this one and it was available at the library, so here we are.
For the Sword and Laser Book Club, we will be reading A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter M. Miller Jr. I am intrigued by this one, since in their last podcast they mentioned this is one of the first "post apocalyptic" books, so that's definitely interesting.
For my "reading more CanLit" goal and the pick for the Hello Hemlock book club, we will be reading Brown Girl in the Ring by Nalo Hopkinson, which will also go towards my Diversifying 2015 challenge (you can sign up here). I will also be (finally) reading Life of Pi by Yann Martel as a Canadian author.
On nonfiction, I am reading (well, listening) to Origins by Neil deGrasse Tyson. I love the author and the work he does in vulgarization of science, so I am quite exited to listen to this one.
 
Besides those, I will also read Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffeneger. I got this book on a library sale right after I had read The Time Traveler's Wife but I hadn't put myself to reading it.
 
On the other hand,  in case you missed it, this year R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril X will be hosted by The Estella Society and off course I am participating. However, unlike on previous years, I think I am going to play it safe and just go with 2 books, which is Peril the Second.
 
My choices are: Before She Dies by Mary Burton, a mystery that has been sitting on my shelf for years now; and Dear Killer by Katherine Ewell, another mystery but a YA this time. Usually I manage to read a bit more than 2 books for R.I.P X, specially with the Read-A-Thon coming on October, but most of the books I am choosing this month are print and fairly big which reduces my commute reading. But we will see.

Anyway, those are my future reads as for now. What are you reading this month? Let me know in the comments and have a nice week!

No comments:

Post a Comment