Sunday, May 31, 2015

Challenges and goals update: How did I do in May?

Well, another month gone. It was a fairly busy one but I don't think it showed as much in this blog. I was in charge of this month's Book Bloggers International event, for Canadian Book Bloggers, and boy that was fun but more time consuming than I expected and hence, as may have noticed I wasn't that active around here. I did however finish 10 books, and I want to catch up with reviews as soon as possible. Now let's see about those challenges

Diversifying 2015:


Of the 10 books I read 5 have POC authors with 4 of those books also haddiverse main characters. Only one of the books had an tertiary LGBTQ character.

Read Harder:

I only ticked off the "Guilty Pleasure" one with Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia, but I've already checked 13 items on this challenge, so I'm not stressed yet.

My goals:


Read at least 1 POC author per month
: As I mentioned I read 5 POC authors this month with Black Milk by Elif Shafak, En el tiempo de las Mariposas by Julia Alvarez, Bone & Bread by Saleema Nawaz , The Emperor of all Maladies by , and Thorn by Intisar Khanani. This last one was an ARC and I shall be reviewing it soon.

Read at least 1 book in Spanish per month: Only 1 this month with En el Tiempo de las Mariposas.

Read one CanLit book per month: Bone & Bread, it was a beautiful book.

Read at least 1 book of nonfiction per month: The Emperor of all Maladies.

Finished series:
I finished The Caster Chronicles with Beautiful Redemption.. I thought I had finished Magic 2.0 too but I think with the end of the third book that they might be some more coming our way.

Read more already owned books: Of the 10 books only 3 weren't mine. Once again I am happy with this part.

Read the picks of the month for each book club: For S&L we read The Sword of Rihannon by Leigh Brackett...it was ok. And for Hello Hemlock we read Bone & Bread.

So there you have it; that was my month in books. How was your?


No comments:

Post a Comment