Monday, January 5, 2015

What am I reading this month: January


Hello everybody! First of all Happy New Year! I hope all of your wishes/goals come to be realized and that you have lots of health and happiness!

I am starting a new monthly post, telling you what I will be reading for the month! It should also help me to keep better track of my reading :D. So let us start

For my Diversifying 2015 challenge (you can sign up here) I will be reading Lovetorn by Kavita Daswani. This book was recommended on BookRiot and I am very exited to read it.

For my "reading more in Spanish" goal, I will be reading Solo en Berlín (Every Man Dies Alone) by Hans Fallada. While this book wasn't originally written in Spanish, a lot of people in my family read it and loved it and my aunt left her copy here, so I decided to start it.

For my "reading more nonfiction" goal, I will be reading Death in the City of Light by David King. The book is about a serial killer in Paris during the Nazi Occupation and I bought it on a whim after reading the synopsis. 

For the Sword and Laser Book Club, we will be reading The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell. I've heard nothing but wonderful things about this one; hopefully I will get it from my library this week.

For my "reading more CanLit" goal, and with the Hello Hemlock book club, we will be reading As for me and my House by Sinclair Ross. Once again, I am still waiting for my copy from the library.

For my "finishing series" goal I will be listening to Imago by Octavia E. Butler, the third and final book in the Xenogenesis series. 

In december I also got The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd, but I didn't started it, so I think I will be listening to that one too. 

And finally, from NetGalley I am lucky to have a copy of Spinster by Kate Bolick. 

Out of those 8 books, I own 5 of them, so I am also working on my "reading more of the books I already own" goal. 

Seems like a lot, I know, but particularly the audio books pass in a blur, with commuting, and with the coldest months getting here, nothing better than to have something to curl up with.

What about your reading for this month? what are you reading? Let me know in the comments and have a nice week. I will be celebrating my birthday on Friday, so I am quite exited about that too!



No comments:

Post a Comment