Thursday, December 4, 2014

Life of a Blogger: Where you live


In the words of Jessi from Novel Heartbeat:
It’s a weekly feature. Each week I will choose a subject and talk about that subject in my life. The topics will be non-bookish so that you can get to know me on a more personal level! I definitely encourage you guys to participate, too. I want this to be meme style with a linky for you to add your posts to. I want to know more about you guys as well!

My face says it all
As some of you may know by now, I moved to Canada about 5 years ago. I live in the province of Quebec in the city of Montreal.  I generally love living here, except for winter, I just don't get used to it.

Me one of the first times I skated
But even I have to admit that it is not the end of the world, and to try to keep up the morale we try to keep active, for instance I really enjoy ice skating, although sometimes the cold makes it impossible to stay outside long (at least for me).
The Olympic Stadium

At the entry of the Botanical Garden
Off course winter isn't here all year long, and that's when you can really enjoy the city. It has a beautiful architecture. One structure you might recognize if the Olympic Stadium from and one of the places that I always try to show to people visiting me (when possible) is the botanical garden, because it is so pretty! I am sure it is not an unique event here, but at a certain time of the year you can even see the butterfly exposition. Basically all year long you will find an event, is a very lively city. You will find a lot of music events (Jazz festivals, Classical music to name a few), the Rogers cup  and the F1 for those into sports...oh and off course the Montreal Circus Festival, since Cirque du Soleil is based here.

But I think my favorite part of the city is the amount of parks it has. So much green! It makes me so happy and in summer we always end up in the park, taking the sun, reading and just relaxing.

People will sun bathe in the parks, although sometimes they make a fake beach downtown. But if you have an awesome park nearby, why not, right?

If not in the garden you will probably find me on our terrace, or in our garden. Last year we had a bunch of raspberries and strawberries. As you can see, when the sun is here you take every second you have under it. 

You probably also know this, but Québec is a francophone province, and so the city of Montreal is also francophone. But on of the things that I amazes me the most is the amount of languages I can hear just going to work. Some I manage to recognize, but it is always fun to see how many cultures are at the same place at once.

That's my brief intro on Montreal; honestly is a city that is better lived than described ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment