Monday, December 1, 2014

December, A Month of Favorites!: Introduction Post




This December I will be participating in A Month of Favorites. Don’t know what it is? Well:
All December-long, Estella's Revenge, Girlxoxo, and Traveling with T will be sharing our fave bookish (and sometimes non-bookish) experiences from throughout the year AND we want YOU to join us! The schedule of topics is posted below – in some cases, we’ll be joining with other bloggers' events – and other times, one of us will be hosting a link-up. Plus, there will be 3 GIVEAWAY WINNERS for a book of your choice from Book Depository. Every time you post on one of the topics below, and join the Linky on one of our 3 blogs – you’ll be entered to WIN!
I won’t be able to do ALL the post, but I will sure try to make the most J. Our first subject is:

Faves Month Introduction

This has been such a wonderful year of reading guys! I’ve participated in amazing bookish events and with this I managed to not only read almost double the amount of books I read last year (96 so far and I think I will manage to get to the 100!), but I also managed to read with more variety. Now, as most years, I mostly read Fiction (87%). I do not classify my books by genre, further than fiction vs non-fiction, so forgive me if I can’t give you any more data here.

How have I read? Well, this year 45% has been in paper, 25% as ebooks and 30% in audio. Of this, 52% I own, 30% from the library, 16% borrowed from friends and 2% as Galleys.

When do I read? ALL the time now, thanks to Audio books, because now I can read while doing lab work that does not require my attention (washes for example) But other than that it has to be when I get back home and I want to disconnect.

While some authors have shown up several times this year, I don’t feel like they were necessarily my favorite authors necessarily, is just that I was finishing series, although I think it is safe to say that anything Laini Taylor gets out there I will read from now on, because I so loved the Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy.

And now I am supposed to hint to you which one of the books I’ve read so far was my 2014 favorite, without telling you upright. Well, you know this would be so much easier if I could point just one!

I have narrowed it down to three wonderful books. They are all written by women, 2 fiction and 1 nonfiction. One of the fiction ones and the nonfiction really touched me on a very emotional level, I went to read them with sincerely no expectations other that people that I care for have read them and seemed to love them and I loved the books in return. The other fiction book was a big one, not only in size but also regarding how much talk it got! None of the books was actually published this year.

Very close and I guess runner ups on my favorites this year, would’ve been The Martian, Angelmaker and What we See when we Read. But I will discuss those later this month ;)

So that is my introduction. If you guessed what were my faves this month let me know, and off course let me know of YOUR favorites!!

Have a wonderful week and month!

No comments:

Post a Comment