Saturday, September 6, 2014

Readers Imbibing Peril IX

Autumn is almost here and so that means, my dearest readers, that it is time for the Readers Imbibing Peril IX (R.I.P IX). In case you don't remember or that you are new around here, the main thing about this "challenge" is reading (or watching) anything that follows into the following genres: Mystery, Suspense, Thriller, Dark Fantasy, Gothic, Horror, Supernatural.
 
Or anything sufficiently moody that shares a kinship with the above. That is what embodies the stories, written and visual, that we celebrate with the R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril event. I will highly encourage you to go to Carl's website at Stainless Steel Droppings to check out the "rules". 

This year I will be doing the Peril the First Challenge, which implies reading at least 4 books that fall in the genres mentioned AND for the first time I will also try to do Group Read.



The first books to make the list are:

The Descent by Alma Katu: Book Three of The Taker Trilogy
The Preacher by Camilla Lackberg: I really enjoyed the first on the series, so I have big hopes for this one.  
World War Z by Max Brooks: I figure is about time I get to it and what better time?
Violin by Anne Rice: I bought this book a year ago and haven't read it yet!

This year’s readalong runs from September 1st through October 1st, and the chosen book is Shirley Jackson’s classic, The Haunting of Hill House. I've never read this book so I am quite excited by it
I have some other books in the "maybe" list, including a couples of Novellas, but once again, I'll rather see how this months go and then add extra books to the list. So thre you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment