Sunday, September 7, 2014

Mini review: The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #3)



First impression


I think I am reaching a plateau with Percy here. The books are entertaining but not overwhelmingly so. I keep having a good time with the mythology references. In this one we get to know Artemis and her hunters, as well as some new enemies for the Olympians.


Final thoughts


As we advance in the series, it would seem that Riordan is starting to give more and more mythology to the audience, which is great if you are like me, but I haven't engaged fully yet. I think one of the issues I have is that, since I have read my fair amount of mythology, when he is giving clues I end up knowing what the surprise is going to be way earlier than expected and so I get bored a bit. That said, I am not an expert on the matter, so I am hoping that if I continue reading the series I will be able to recognize less things and enjoy their introduction a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment