Sunday, October 13, 2013

24h Read-A-Thon (2013): Hour 24



Hello everybody,
Books finished: 4 (City of Ashes, Girl of Nightmares, Letters to a young Scientist, The Nightmare)
Books started: 4 (Girl of Nightmares, Letters to a young Scientist, The Nightmare, Ender's Game)
Pages read: 1565
Hours slept: 0.5
Feeling: Exhausted...but happy. In all I am very satisfied. I only slept 30 minutes this time, so I almost did the 24 full hours. Also, although I didn't finish as many books as last year, they were bigger and hence my page count was considerably higher than last time. Also I am happy to see people participating at my challenge :)

End of Read-A-Thon post
  1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
From hour 21 up to right now I noticed my reading slowing a lot, since I was so tired
  1. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
I really enjoy thrillers that keep you turning pages. This year was "The Nightmare"
  1. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
I think you guys did a wonderful job as always
  1. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
I think we have a great community, everyone supporting each other :)
  1. How many books did you read?
I finished 4 and I have one that I will finish this week
  1. What were the names of the books you read?
See Above
  1. Which book did you enjoy most?
Oh I loved "Letters to a Young Scientist"
  1. Which did you enjoy least?
I was a bit disappointed at "The Nightmare". It was good, but I was expecting better based on their previous book.
  1. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I wasn't a cheerleader this time
  1. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
Very likely. As far as my role, it will depend on how my studies go.

No comments:

Post a Comment