Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Sunday Salon ( My first TSS post!)


This is my first OFFICIAL Sunday Salon post (Yeiiii, I waited almost 2 weeks to be accepted), so I guess I will open with some news, and then link to my new review.  First Blog news…as you may have noticed I changed my To Read and Read widgets. I used to use the ones from LybraryThing, and then when I went to add a new book…I discovered I had a 200 book limit if I was a free user, and since I am still a student, I can’t really afford 10$/month just to keep track of my books. So now, I’m using the ones from Goodreads, except for the currently reading one. 

On Books news, I re-read the Hobbit and started reading Death with interruptions. I will comment on The Hobbit on my review, but the second book, was a friend of mine who gave it to me on Thursday. I’ve read Saramago before and I can’t blame her for finding his style hard to follow. So I will give it a try, even though it was not planned to be on my reading pile this year. Other than that I’m still waiting for my local library to call me about 1Q84. I reserved the book a month ago, and still nothing!. But it is ok, I have a long list of to read :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my blog! I'm very new at it so getting comments is very encouraging.

    I've seen a lot of people mention that library thing limit. What a hassle!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting! I'm fairly new at this too, is hasn't even been a year, but I enjoy being able to give my opinion about the books I read. Is a shame about LybraryThing really, I like their widgets better than the ones at GoodReads, and they give away programs have a bit more of books to give out of USA. So for now, I will work with both of them!
      Happy reading to you too.

      Delete