Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins



Every year, each district from Panem has to give 2 tributes to the Capitol. The tributes are one girl and one boy, between the ages of 12 and 18 that will compete in the Hunger Games. 24 kids will enter the Arena…and then fight for their lives, since the victory is determined by who remains alive. This year, Katniss Everdeen, a 16 year old girl from district 12 has volunteered in order to save her younger sister live, as a tribute, and along with Peeta, her male counterpart is sent to the Capitol for the games. The Capitol is a little bit like Rome in the old days, and the games…well, they are like the gladiators arena. I really liked this book, read it like there was not tomorrow (nothing new about me there, ha?) the way Collins presents her characters makes you feel you really knew them. Katniss is a hard to love, hard not to heroine, and life has made her tougher than she looks. The description of the environment, the arena and the games itself was really involving, and I shivered every time I knew she was about to attack, my muscles tensed, and even though never in my life have I tried the bow and arrow, by the end of this book,  I had the vivid feeling of reaching to my back for a new arrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment