Sunday, December 18, 2011

Just Rewards by Barbara Taylor Bradford



I have to say that I was a bit disappointed with this book. Although I really enjoyed the previous Harte’s saga books, this one was a bit weak. The description of characters in general was good, and BTB certainly knows how to put you in the scene with her descriptions of rooms and dresses. However, I feel that a lot of points were left flying. Characters as Angharad were barely described, and I think it had a lot of villain potential. Also, JA…I like him as a villain, in the other books, he was depicted pretty well, and his plans were explained carefully, as you would expect him to do if he was real…this time, all his moves seemed out of the blue, with no background, but hate. And then his “end” seemed to me like someone had no idea how to close that door, and just did it in a hurry. Once again, BTB makes a book easy to read, enjoyable in average as it carries you into England swiftly and I can only praise de way the scenario is done. But I am sad to think that a lot was said, but not much happened. 

No comments:

Post a Comment